Like The Big Lebowski? Like contests? I’ve got somethin’ for ya.
The good thing about these movie giveaways is I don’t really have to sell you guys on it. It’s always these big, iconic releases that everyone is already super familiar with. Makes my job way easier.
I’m not here to fix what ain’t broken. We’re giving out a copy of The Big Lebowski: 20th Anniversary Limited Edition. Come win it.
I wasn’t going to put anything else about the movie here, but let me paste in this PR blurb to make fun of it afterward:
From the Academy Award®-winning Coen brothers,TheBigLebowskiis a hilariously quirky comedy about bowling, a severed toe, White Russians and a guy named…The Dude. Jeff “The Dude”Lebowskidoesn’t want any drama in his life…heck, he can’t even be bothered with a job. But, he must embark on a quest with his bowling buddies after his rug is destroyed in a twisted case of mistaken identity.
According to Google, The Big Lebowski features the fuck word 260 times in 117 minutes, equaling 2.22 fucks per minute. So why the fuck does the PR use “heck” instead of “fuck?” Makes no fuckin’ sense, man. Anyway, in addition to a 4k Ultra HD disc, Blu-ray, digital copy, and everything the set includes as outlined in the pic above, here are the bonus features of the package:
- The Dude’s Life:Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, Julianne Moore, Steve Buscemi and John Turturro take alook back at their performances and how their delivery of the Coen brothers’ dialog became classic movie lines.
- The Dude Abides: TheBigLebowskiTen Years Later:A conversation with the cast about the film’s decade-long reign as a cult classic.
- Making of TheBigLebowski
- TheLebowskiFest: An Achiever’s Story:An in-depth look at the annualLebowskiFest, a celebration of The Dude and his world, attended by thousands each year.
- Flying Carpets and Bowling Pin Dreams: The Dream Sequences of The Dude:Alook at some of the Dude’s trippiest fantasies so fans can learn for the first time how theseinnovative scenes were created.
- Interactive Map:Take a tour ofthe locations ofTheBigLebowski, then and now.
- Jeff Bridges Photo Book:For more than 30 years,Jeff Bridges has been snapping pictures on movie sets. The accomplished photographer presents a portfolio of shots taken on the set ofTheBigLebowski.
- Photo Gallery
- And Much More!
Not bad for free, eh?
To really tie this contest together, use the widget below to drop your name, email, and a follow or two for your friends at Dtoid and Flixist. This is a joint effort between the two sites because I make the rules now, DAD! I mean, READERS! Comment below with your favorite Lebowski memory so we can pretend this is a normal contest. (For funsies, though — comments will not be tallied in this one.)
We have one grand prize winner who will be selected from all entries on Tuesday, October 16. This is a physical prize, and as such, you must have a United States mailing address to win.
The Big Lebowski: 20th Anniversary Limited Edition is available at reputable retailers on Tuesday, October 16.