There were some good reveals here with plenty of awkwardness
Another E3 conference was a thing! We got to see the leaked Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, which was through no fault of Ubisoft that the wind was taken out of its sails, as well as several other reveals.
A few of their big projects got some “signs of life” updates like Beyond Good and Evil 2, and several very dedicated communities got the info they wanted for multiplayer titles likeRainbow Six Siege, Division 2, and For Honor. The Star Foxcollaboration with Starlink: Battle for Atlaswas cool, but who knows if that game will suffer the same fate as many other recent toys-to-life titles.
It was packed conference that just ran a little too long. Some gameplay demos were encroaching 10-minute territory, which is the best way to get everyone to tune out of your stream until something else comes along. Gameplay is great, but when you follow up a five minute parade sequence for Just Dance 2019with lengthy clips and no concrete release info (Skull and Bones) other than a 2019 window — patience levels crack.
But yeah it wasn’t bad! So far Microsoft has easily stolen the crown, but we still have Sony tonight and Nintendo tomorrow.
- Ubisoft opens their E3 conference in a characteristically bizarre way: with a dancing panda bear
- Jade makes an unexpected return for Beyond Good and Evil 2
- Multiplayer raids, free DLC and more accompany The Division 2’s grim new trailer
- Trials Rising crashes the Ubisoft stage
- Rainbow Six Siege has hit 35 million players
- Ubisoft’s VR shooter Space Junkies gets an open beta on June 28
- Donkey Kong Adventure gets a new trailer at E3
- Skull and Bones has another fun showing at E3 this year, out in 2019
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s ‘Pantheon Edition’ is more than a spartan collection
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey sets sail on October 5
- Star Fox is coming to kick ass in Starlink: Battle for Atlas on Nintendo Switch
- For Honor is free on PC right now
- Transference will break minds in VR and on consoles this Fall
- For Honor’s Marching Fire update brings the Chinese Wulin faction
- The Crew 2 has a new trailer and an open beta coming later this month
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey will feature two playable characters: Alexios and Kassandra
- For Honor’s upcoming Breach mode looks like a bloody tug of war