EAT YOUR DRAKE’S CAKES GAMERS
Look, I like ducks. Even if they have an eye-hole slit in their neck.
But my soul has quietly screamed at the void these past three years covering the PC Gaming Show, and they took away the only joy I got out of associating with it this year. The pretty fun, innocuous trivia pre-show that prefaced the conference was turned into a giant advert for Drake’s Cakes (shove that sugar in your face holes, gamers!), and the mascot even had a reprisal in the event proper.
Now, overall it wasn’t nearly as cringey as it’s been in the past. But my big issue with the PC Gaming Show (besides the overt advertisements for things like $9000 monitors) is that they pass off trailers and information as “new” even if it’s been announced weeks, or occasionally months in advance. A few of the “exclusive” trailers were either re-cuts or the exact same videos that the developers already shared, which made it really hard to keep track of information.
Still with a lot of fact-checking we soldiered on, and we got at least one cool bit of news out of it — Sega will publish the Yakuzaseries on PC later this year. Sift through the giant list of nominal news below and cast your judgement, readers — or the Drake Duck is gon’ get ya.
- Coffee Stain Studios announces cute looking factory builder Satisfactory
- Neo Cab will see you taxi people in a neo-noir world
- New Battle Royale from Automaton Games supports up to 1000 players
- Skyrim mod The Forgotten City is being reimagined for PC
- Intriguing sci-fi sim Star Control will finally be released in September
- New killing tools on their way to Hunt Showdown
- Today is the day of updates for presumed dead PC games: The Sinking City is still coming
- Launch trailer revealed for new Warframe add-on, The Sacrifice
- Sega confirms Yakuza series is coming to PC at E3
- Tripwire is bringing gory new updates to Killing Floor 2
- Maneater is an open world shark simulator where you can eat people
- Get ready to rumble with Bravery Network Online
- Overwhelm, a new cool looking retro action platformer, is out now on Steam
- Farming simulator Morning Star looks pretty cute…at first
- ANOTHER Neo-noir taxi adventure in Night Call
- Go where no man has gone before in new Star Citizen update
- Sable is a promising coming of age tale inspired by the works of Studio Ghibli
- Check out the delightful but deadly trailer for Don’t Starve Hamlet
- Genesis Alpha One, the gory alien shooter from the developer of Worms, launches in September
- We finally get gameplay footage for Overkill’s The Walking Dead
- Two Point Hospital will take over where Theme Hospital left off
- Noita is a platformer where ‘every pixel is simulated’
- Realm Royale hits the top five listing on Steam, is basically peak battle royale saturation
- Ooblets is either cute or terrifying, coming to PC and Xbox One
- Rapture Rejects is a ridiculous looking Battle Royale title that you need in your life
- Hitman 2’s first visit will be to Miami, lets you slap fools in the face with a fish