Firefighters in Colorado Springs are blaming a Wii for starting a RV fire. They believe the Wii console itself, and not the cables, started the fire. According the victim the console was turned off when the fire was started by a spark coming from the console.
I’m no expert, but I wouldn’t be rushing to unplug your Wii consoles, with other 110 million consoles sold I’d expect we would have heard of a few more fires by now. I feel bad for the guy, as I’ve been through a housefire myself and it really sucked.