Game with the Dtoid community
Welcome to another edition of Friday Night Fights. Today we’re going to be talking about a serious subject, and a way that you can help. I’m sure you have all seen the videos of people all over the world pouring buckets of ice on their heads, this is to raise money for ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), also known as “Lou Gehrig’s Disease”. ALS is a debilitating disease and to see the effects it has on a person is shocking, to say the least.
So, what does this have to do with Destructoid and Friday Night Fights? I’m glad you asked, tomorrow (Saturday, August 30th) Shadow (from TF2sdaysand Streamtoid) will be live streaming a whole bunch of games in the name of charity on the Streamtoid channel, to help raise money and awareness for ALS.
I’m never all that surprised when I see a fellow Dtoider doing something like this, over the years our community has taken part in numerous charity events to help raise money for various illnesses and causes. This is why I stick around, this is why a lot of us are still here, because we know that we have one of the best communities out there.
If you would like to join Shadow or to donate, the information for his stream is below, as well as a list of games that will be played. A big thanks to Shadow for doing this.
When: Saturday, August 30th – starting at 6:00 pm EST. Event runs for 24 hours.
Goal: Raise $1,000.00 (and yes, there will be ice bucket challenges)
Now, let’s get to the reason why you came here in the first place, the games…
New to FNF? Read this!Each week, a bunch of us Dtoiders get together to play videogames online! It’s a 100% community-run event, so feel free to join in or even host something yourself!
The planning for FNF starts in theforums, where community members sign up to host matches and post their pertinent details (game, time, Gamertag, etc.). Then, every Friday, reminder posts go up in thecommunity blogsthanks to a dedicated group of volunteers, and I recap it all here on the front page to give it a bit more exposure.
To join in, simply send a friend request to the match host! If you’d rather host something yourself, sound off in the comments section below!
- Coming Soon Host: This could be you! (Twitch Channel: Twitch.com/Thiscouldbeyou)Time: TBD
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Xbox 360)Host: Usedtabe (GT: Usedtubby)Time: 8 Pacific | 11 Eastern*Tubby’s friends list is full, so send a message if you want in on the fun!
- Battlefield 4 (PS4)Host: The Defenestrator (PSN: ThDefenestrator)Time 7 Pacific | 10 Eastern
- The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)Host: Clockwork-Zombie (PSN: Clockwork-Zombie)Time 7 Pacific | 10 Eastern
- Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4)Host: The Defenestrator (PSN: ThDefenestrator)Time 9 Pacific | 12 AM Eastern
- Warframe (PS4)Host: Trev (PSN: ElZilcho)Time 9 Pacific | 12 AM Eastern
- SoulSacrificeDeltaHost: Trev (PSN: ElZilcho)Time: 5 Pacific | 8 Eastern
- Mario Kart 8 (Gotta go fast!) Tournament Number: 1387-8210-8008Host: Smurfee McGee (NNID: smurfee_mcgee)Time: 8 Pacific | 11 Eastern
- Easy lover, she’ll get a hold on you believe it. Like no otherBefore you know it you’ll be on your knees. She’s an easy loverTime: She’ll take you heart but you won’t feel it, she’s like no other.
- Team Fortress 2 (early game)Server: 22.214.171.124:27015Time 5 Pacific | 8 am Eastern
- Team Fortress 2 (late game)Server: 126.96.36.199:27015Time 9 Pacific | 12 am Eastern
Free this weekend? Why not sign up to host something forWeekend Warriors?!It’s like Friday Night Fightsall weekend long!Sign up in the comments orForum threadif you’re interested!
- Mario Kart 8 – Destructoid TournamentHost: Smurfee Mcgee (Tournament Info: 1387-8210-8008)Time: Saturday and Sunday (all day/night) Tournament ends Sunday night at 1:00 am EST
- I’ve never seen you look like this without a reason.Host: Another promise fallen throughTime: Another season passes by you.