Demon’s Souls won ‘E3’
After folks brought out their pitchforks during the recent Xbox Series X event for not showing enough gameplay, Sony pretty much only showed gameplay today for their “Future of Gaming” PS5 stream: with some cinematic panache thrown in for good measure.
There’s a lot to unpack today. PS5 games are coming as soon as “holiday 2020,” which is when the PS5 actually arrives. A few bangers like Spider-Man: Miles Moralesare going to hit that same window (possibly as launch titles), and several are slated for 2021 and 2022. We’ve gathered up a convenient list for you to peruse below: it’s going to take a while.
The big highlights are probably the Demon’s Soulsremake (the best Souls, do not“at” me), as well as confirmation of the long-rumored “Resident Evil Villlage/Resident Evil VIII” project from Capcom. Others like Pragmatalook like they’re going to slot in nicely, as is the very expected Horizon Zero Dawn sequel Forbidden West.
We also got a good look at the actual PS5 hardware today. It looks like it was designed straight out of the Bubblegum Crisisuniverse, and will sport a “standard edition” as well as a “digital edition” with no disc drive.
We still don’t know a lot yet. We don’t have a price point and we don’t have a date. But we are slowly getting there by the grace of the Dripfeed Gods.
- GTA V is coming to PS5, every PS5 owner will get GTA Online free at launch
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales should be an early no-brainer for PS5 players
- Gran Turismo is back with GT7
- Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart sees the duo’s grand return on PS5
- Square Enix announces Project Athia from Luminous Productions
- Stray is a peculiar PS5 game about a cat in a robot world
- Housemarque’s first PS5 game is Returnal, an alien psychological horror third-person shooter
- LittleBigPlanet star returns in Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- Destruction Allstars for the PS5 looks all sort of ’90s and I’m here for it
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits is a gorgeous PS5 action-adventure game
- Relive your awkward teenage dinosaur high school in Goodbye Volcano High
- Oddworld Soulstorm will bring Abe’s rebellion to PS5
- GhostWire: Tokyo is out next year
- Hitman III is coming to PS5 in early 2021
- Jett: The Far Shore is a futuristic PS5 game from Superbrothers
- Here’s your first real look at Godfall, a melee-based action RPG on PS5
- AnnaPurna’s Solar Ash looks suitably beautiful and eccentric
- NBA 2K21 will be shooting hoops on PS5 this fall
- The Octodad studio’s Googly-Eyed Strawberry game possibly won the PS5 stream
- Astro’s Playroom looks like more of a good thing on PS5
- Little Devil Inside proves the most oppressive and dangerous journeys can be adorable too
- Demon’s Souls is back for PlayStation 5 and I have chills
- Arkane’s Deathloop still has my attention
- Chris Redfield returns in Resident Evil VIII, darker than ever before
- Capcom’s Pragmata looks pretty wild
- Horizon Forbidden West looks like a proper PS5 sequel
- This is your first look at the PlayStation 5