Starting May 15 with a pre-order, May 17 without one
Onrush recently earned itself a spot on my pay-attention-to list and it seems like a bunch of you are also on board with what Codemasters is cooking up. We’ll soon have a chance to go hands-on.
The developer is running an open beta from Thursday, May 17 at 6:00am Pacific to Sunday, May 20 at 2:00am Pacific. There’s also an early head start on May 15 for folks with a pre-order.
If the recent arrival of Burnout Revenge on Xbox One has you feeling fired up, save those dates.
The Onrush beta will include a tutorial, six-on-six online multiplayer, and the ability to play against AI drivers. Track-wise, we’re looking at Big Dune Beach and Oregon’s own Crater Lake, along with two modes: Overdrive and Countdown. The former mode tasks your team with earning points by doing tricks, takedowns, and other Cool Shit, while the latter involves racing through time gates.
There are a handful of different vehicle classes, but for the beta, we’ll have access to four:
- Firewall: RUSHing leaves a destructive trail of fire behind
- Crashbang: Your Tombstones are blinding when collected by opponents
- Tumbler: Earn RUSH directly from front and back flips
- Turbulence: RUSHing leaves a disruptive wake of turbulent air behind
- Touchdown: Timed boost landings are more effective
- Spiral: Earn RUSH directly from performing barrel rolls
- Rampage: Refill your RUSH gauge with every successful takedown
- Surge: Initial boost usage is more powerful but more costly
- Pinpoint: Earn RUSH directly from performing near misses
- Blockade: RUSHing drops a trail of blockades that slow your opponents down
- Shield: Give nearby teammates a shield that offers protection from big hits
- Impact: Earn RUSH directly from taking down opponents
The full game is coming up shortly — it’s due out June 5, 2018 for PS4 and Xbox One.