Directed by M. Night
Speaking to IGN, Eiji Aonuma revealed he has a twist planned for the upcoming Zeldatitle for Wii U, based on feedback received from Skyward Sword.
“We actually had some feedback from Skyward Sword, where people were saying, ‘This is not exactly the Zelda game I was looking for, I was looking for a bigger open world.’ Unfortunately, I can’t go into details but I’m hoping to put a surprise, or kind of a twist, on my view of an open world game. I hope that you’ll look forward to it.”
Let the speculation begin!
Personally my guesses are as follows:
- The world is round and you can literally walk and/or boat around it.
- The world includes previous Zeldagame’s overworlds as part of its map.
- The world changes shape at different times of the day, perhaps aging years every hour and resetting at midnight.
- You can play as female Link (just kidding)
- The world is actually on some giant living planet, similar to the moon from Majora’s Mask.
Leave your predictions in the comments below.
Aonuma teases surprise surprise twist for Zelda Wii U’s Open World [IGN]