Bless the data miners
It’s a little thing, but hearing your robot butler Codsworth say your name out loud is one of the great joys of Fallout 4. Bethesda has an update for the game (out now on PC; next week on Xbox One; sometime on PlayStation 4) that, in part, expands the list of words he can vocalize.
Data miners have surfaced from the depths with the full list of added names, viewable here in image form. Some personal highlights: Bartholomew, Biff, Bond, Drake, Fry, Hellcat, Jackula, Khan, Morty, Starbuck, Vinny, Vlad, and Wigglesworth. Actually, I could have probably just scratched all of those out and left it at simply Wigglesworth. Good name. It’s so much fun to say!
Besides the Codsworth additions, update 1.6 adds new saving functionality and cleans up more bugs:
- ExitSave – Exiting to the Main Menu will create an ExitSave. During next play session, the ExitSave will delete itself after you load it. The Existsave works in all difficulty levels including Survival.
- New Add On specific icons in Workshop mode
- More than 300 new player names added to Codsworth’s vocabulary
- Support for upcoming Add Ons
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed a crash related to targeting an enemy weapon while in VATS
- Fixed an issue where a Companion would become stuck walking and unable to run
- Fixed issue in “Mankind Redefined” to prevent the player from getting stuck in elevators while in Mass Fusion Building
- In “Boston After Dark” quest now completes properly when waiting for Old Man Stockton
- Fixed occasional issue where player would become permanently invisible
- Dead settlers can no longer be commanded or assigned to supply lines
- Fixed issue where deleting saved games would cause other saves to disappear
- Fixed occasional issues with activating mods that did not come from Bethesda.net
- Minor bug fixes and optimizations to Mods load order and browsing