Dawn of War III didn’t have the best fan reception at launch. While I thought it was actually a pretty solid campaign, the multiplayer drew too many comparisons to MOBAs and the lack of mod support put a lot of people in a sour mood. While the multiplayer eventually received an update to include a different mode, the eventual Steam Workshop integration was never really dated. Thankfully, the wait is over and modding tools are in.
Available starting today, you can now mod the game to your heart’s content and then upload your creations directly to Steam. The new update for Dawn of War III (which launched yesterday without mod tools) also includes a lot of balance tweaks and includes an autosave feature for the campaign mode. I definitely could have used that at launch.
You can read the rather extensive tweaks done to specific units over on the official website, but I’ll include the more pertinent patch notes below.
- Modding tools added
- Steam Workshop support added for new mod tools
- Autosave added to campaign
- Balance update (multiplayer only, balance changes do not apply to the campaign)
- Vehicle health upgrades will now apply to player-made structures
- Buildable turrets for all factions have had their Power cost decreased from 60 to 50
- Diomedes, Terminators, Mad Dread, and Wraithblades no longer gain Fury while attacking neutral objects
- The slowing effect from Devastators, upgraded Lootas, Terminators, and Dark Reapers are now classed as a new status effect: suppression
- Suppression does not stack with other sources of suppression, but the highest value of suppression will override the other sources
- Power Generator initial Requisition cost increased from 80 to 100
- Power Generator scaling Requisition cost increased from 16 to 50
- Power rate per generator decreased from 25 to 20
- Power reward from killing enemy Shield Generators decreased from 100 Power to 50 Power
- Phase 2: Power generator bonus increased from 50% to 87.5%
- Phase 3: Power generator bonus increased from 50% to 62.5%
- Phase 4: Power generator bonus increased from 25% to 30%
Patch Notes: August 29, 2017 [Dawn of War]