Bring on the stupidly hard bosses!
Are any of you playing Dragon Quest Heroes II? I haven’t seen much buzz, and even though I’m enjoying the sequel and find it to be a big step up from the original, that lack of noise is understandable. There’s only so much time in a day, and higher-profile games are surely keeping y’all busy.
If you are hacking and slashing your way through the endless monster hordes, Square Enix is beginning its month of free content updates today on PC and PlayStation 4. Here’s the schedule:
May 4, 2017
- Side Quest: Episode Maribel & Ruff
- Side Quest: Episode Torneko
May 11, 2017
- Side Quest: Episode Carver & Terry
- Side Quest: Episode Meena & Maya
- Special Boss Map: Estark
- Quest for the ultimate co-op spell: Kazzaple
May 18, 2017
- Side Quest: Episode Jessica & Angelo
- Side Quest: Episode Alena & Kiryl
- Additional Characters for Multiplayer mode #1: Luceus, Aurora, Bianca & Nera
May 25, 2017
- Additional Characters for Multiplayer mode #2: Dorik, Yangus, Isla & Psaro
- Special Boss Map: Dragon Lord
June 1, 2017
- Monster Medal Battle: Play online multiplayer competitively against players from around the world.
I think I’m something like 40 hours into the game, and I’m currently crawling my way through the many post-game distractions. More side quests will be nice enough, but I’m really looking forward to having Yangus in multiplayer (he was my bestie in Dragon Quest Heroes) and those boss maps.