Did you like it?
Real talk — PC Gaming Show is one of my favorite conferences to cover because it’s so low key and filled with ads disguised as discussions that I’m able to get some breathing room between announcements. Speaking of ads, an Intel exec got up on stage and gave us an awkward speech on the future of gaming, which kind of went nowhere. I think my favorite quote was “look at the growth in VR,” with no specifics.
In all seriousness, that stuff was kept at a minimum compared to the wacky “what’s in the suitcase!?” antics of the two previous years. We basically just had that one Intel thing and the rest were either minor announcements (like timed events or patches) or big ones (Lawbreakers release date, Age of Empires Definitive Edition).
That Age of Empiresreveal was actually pretty big for me, as it seems like Microsoft is putting in the effort to make this one worthwhile. Still, so much of this E3 so far has involved existing IPs or “exclusives” that are also coming to PC.
Wow me, Ubisoft, Sony, and Nintendo!
- Play along with us in PC Gaming Show’s E3 quiz
- Ooblets’ cute style reminds me of Katamari Damacy
- XCOM 2 is getting a new expansion with some crazy stuff, like zombies
- Shadowverse is getting a wonderful card expansion ‘Wonderland Dreams’ this month
- This Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord trailer is appropriately epic
- It’s crazy to think that Total War: Warhammer II is nearly here
- Big changes coming to PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, new maps in Peru and the Adriatic
- Oh man, Tunic, formerly known as ‘Secret Legend,’ looks so damn cute
- Intel unveils VR challenger league, free limited release for Echo Arena
- Killing Floor 2’s Summer Sideshow event hits tomorrow in addition to free week
- Ylands attempts to marry the complexity of ARMA with Minecraft
- Steal and plunder in Klei’s all new Grift Lands
- Lone Echo and Echo Arena launch next month
- Lawbreakers is back with more betas this month, out in August on PC and PS4
- Nostalgic RPG Wargroove is coming to PC with a scenario creator
- Here’s a Shadow of War cinematic because that’s what we want to see
- Microsoft Studios announces Age of Empires Definitive Edition