Game with the Dtoid community
Happy Friday Everyone!
Since we are on the eve, of the eve, of Easter, I thought it would be fun to talk about and discuss some of our favorite Easter eggs hidden away in our favorite videogames.
I figure I’ll get the party started, I have two favorite Easter eggs, the first is an oldie, but still pretty damn awesome. Back in the day I was a HUGE point and click fan, I loved all the old Lucasarts games, two of my favorites were Maniac Mansion and Maniac Mansion II:Day of the Tentacle. Did you know, while playing Day of the Tentacle, you can actually play the entire originalManiac Mansion game? While still in Day of the Tentacle?! It’s true!
While playing as Bernard (Day of the Tentacle), visit Weird Ed’s room. From here you can access his computer and play Maniac Mansion in its entirety! Neat!
My second favorite is the secret Cow Level in Diablo II. What started out as a joke and rumor, eventually found its way into the game itself. In order to get to the hellish landscape of the Cow Level, you would have to combine Wirt’s Leg and a Tome of Town Portal using the Horadric Cube, and you had to do this in the Rogue Encampment. From there it was a bovine slaughter-fest, and it was glorious.
I would love to hear about all of your favorite Easter eggs, I know there are hundreds upon hundreds of them out there. Feel free to share in the comments below!
Alright, now that that’s out of the way, let’s get to the games!
New to FNF? Read this!Each week, a bunch of us Dtoiders get together to play videogames online! It’s a 100% community-run event, so feel free to join in or even host something yourself!
The planning for FNF starts in theforums, where community members sign up to host matches and post their pertinent details (game, time, Gamertag, etc.). Then, every Friday, reminder posts go up in thecommunity blogsthanks to a dedicated group of volunteers, and I recap it all here on the front page to give it a bit more exposure.
To join in, simply send a friend request to the match host! If you’d rather host something yourself, sound off in the comments section below!
- Titanfall (360)Host: Nihil (GT: Nihil xInfernum)Time: 5 Pacific | 8 Eastern
- BlazBlue: ChronoPhantasma (PS3)Host: Trev (PSN: ElZilcho)Time 5 Pacific | 8 Eastern
- Battlefield 4 (PS4)Host: KymicoLoco (PSN: KymicoLoco)Time 6 Pacific | 9 Eastern
- Mercenary Kings (PS4)Host: Clockwork-Zombie (PSN: Clockwork-Zombie)Time 7:00 Pacific | 10:00 Eastern
- Warframe (PS4)Host: Trev (PSN: ElZilcho)Time 8:00 Pacific | 11:00 Eastern
- My name is Luka, I live on the second floorHost: I live upstairs from you, Yes I think you’ve seen me beforeTime: If you hear something late at night, some kind of trouble, some kind of fight..
- I heat up, I can’t cool down. You got me spinnin’ round and round.Host: Round and round and round it goes.Time: Where it stops, nobody knows.
- Who’s gonna tell you when, it’s too lateHost: Who’s gonna tell you things, aren’t so greatTime: You can’t go on thinking, nothings wrong. Who’s gonna drive you home, tonight..
- Team Fortress 2(early game)Server: 188.8.131.52:27015Time: 5 Pacific | 8 Eastern
- Team Fortress 2(Late game)Server: 184.108.40.206:27015Time: 9 Pacific | 12 am Eastern
Free this weekend? Why not sign up to host something forWeekend Warriors?!It’s like Friday Night Fightsall weekend long!Sign up in the comments orForum threadif you’re interested!
- Everytime I think of youHost: I feel a shot right through with a bolt of blueTime: It’s no problem of mine, but it’s a problem I find, living a life that I can’t leave behind
- Been working, so hard. I punch in, my card.Host: Eight hours, for what? Oh, tell me what I got.Time: I got this feeling, that time’s just holding me down.