Game with the Dtoid community
I was originally going to go with a header image that showed how amazing the living conditions in Sochi are for the athletes and reporters, but then thought to myself, “Nah, it’s bad enough they have to live like that for the next couple weeks, while trying to do their best for their countries“, so I shopped Mr. Destructoids’ head onto Shaun White.
This was basically my morning in a nutshell. I also drank some coffee and listened to some really, really loud electronic music while writing this.
Andy was right, this is the easiest job ever.
And don’t forget, everyone should take a few minutes out of their day and go watch Rich “King Foom” Olson play some awesome games over on our Dtoid Twitch channel. This is an every week thing and if you haven’t tuned in yet, you’re missing one hell of a show!
[Mash Tacticsairs Monday through Friday at 4p.m. Pacific onDtoid.TV. Watch Rick ‘King Foom’ Olson play a variety of games, each day with its own theme. With a heavy focus on community and viewer interaction, you can be as much a part of the show as anything else.]
Let’s get to the games!
New to FNF? Read this!Each week, a bunch of us Dtoiders get together to play videogames online! It’s a 100% community-run event, so feel free to join in or even host something yourself!
The planning for FNF starts in theforums, where community members sign up to host matches and post their pertinent details (game, time, Gamertag, etc.). Then, every Friday, reminder posts go up in thecommunity blogsthanks to a dedicated group of volunteers, and I recap it all here on the front page to give it a bit more exposure.
To join in, simply send a friend request to the match host! If you’d rather host something yourself, sound off in the comments section below!
- My goal is one Olympic gold MedalHost: Not many people in this world can say, “I’m an Olympic gold Medalist”Time: – Michael Phelps
- Ace Combat Infinity (PS3)Host: KingSushi (PSN: KingSushi)Time 6 Pacific | 9 Eastern*It will be in Games > New Releases > This Week in the PSN/SEN store. It’s a 2 GB download, so make sure have 4GB free to install it. It’s in beta so everything is free.
- Battelfield 4 (PS4)Host: Scield (PSN: Scield)Time 6 Pacific | 9 Eastern
- The Last of Us (PS3)Host: Marche100 (PSN: TSG-Marche100)Time 7 Pacific | 10 Eastern
- Dragon’s Crown (PS3)Host: NeoShinGundam (PSN: NeoShinGundam)Time 7 Pacific | 10 Eastern*Vita owners can also join in on all the mayhem!
- Killzone: Shadowfall (PS4)Host: Trev (PSN: ElZilcho)Time 7 Pacific | 10 Eastern
- Warframe (PS4)Host: Trev (PSN: ElZilcho)Time 9 Pacific | 12 am Eastern
- The Olympic games are for the worldHost: And all nations must be admitted to them.Time: – Pierre de Coubertin
- I set my sights on making an Olympic teamHost: Not realizing how tough it was going to be.Time: – Jackie Joyner-Kersee
- I had my Olympic gold medal cut up into eleven pieces.Host: Gave all eleven of my kids a piece. It’ll come together again when they put me down.Time: – Joe Frazier
- Team Fortress 2(early game)Server: 22.214.171.124:27015Time: 5 Pacific | 8 Eastern
- Skullgirls EncoreHost: GoofierBrute (Steam ID: GoobyPls)Time: 5:30 Pacific | 8:30 Eastern
- Team Fortress 2(late game)Server: 126.96.36.199:27015Time: 9 Pacific | 12 Eastern
- Hearthstone BetaHost: PhilKenSebben (Battlenet ID: PhilK3n7bin)Time: 10:00 Pacific | 1:00 AM Eastern
Free this weekend? Why not sign up to host something forWeekend Warriors?!It’s like Friday Night Fightsall weekend long!Sign up in the comments orForum threadif you’re interested!
- People could see in me who I am nowHost: An Olympic champ, the best in the world.Time: – Cathy Freeman
- It took me time to realize that the men who won Olympic gold medalsHost: in the decathlon are just men, just like me.Time: – Dan O’Brien