Game with the Dtoid community
Look, I make no bones about how old I am. I’ve never hid my age from anyone and I know my limits. Turning 40, as I recently did, tends to make people feel like, they need to finally grow up, finally become an adult.
To hell with that, I say! Just because I’m getting older doesn’t mean I have to stop doing the things I enjoy, no friggin way! I still skate with my friends, I still skate vert ramps with my friends, sure it hurts more the next day but I can’t see myself stopping anytime soon.
Same goes for gaming, I may not have as much time as I once did , but I’m not gonna stop any time soon. I’ve found that, the older I get, the more appreciation I have for the smaller things, I’ve noticed my likes and dislikes towards gaming have changed, where once I was very vocal about all the hullabaloo in the industry, now I just, sit back and not worry so much. I’d rather spend my time having fun and enjoying myself than sitting around always pissing and moaning about stuff that, has little to no bearing on my life.
Anyway, sorry to rant like that, I just felt like I needed to get that off my chest.
And before I forget, everyone should take a few minutes out of their day and go watch King Foom play some awesome games over on our Dtoid Twitch channel. This is an every week thing and if you haven’t tuned in yet, you’re missing one hell of a show!
[Mash Tacticsairs Monday through Friday at 4p.m. Pacific onDtoid.TV. Watch Rick ‘King Foom’ Olson play a variety of games, each day with its own theme. With a heavy focus on community and viewer interaction, you can be as much a part of the show as anything else.]
Let’s get to the games!
New to FNF? Read this!Each week, a bunch of us Dtoiders get together to play videogames online! It’s a 100% community-run event, so feel free to join in or even host something yourself!
The planning for FNF starts in theforums, where community members sign up to host matches and post their pertinent details (game, time, Gamertag, etc.). Then, every Friday, reminder posts go up in thecommunity blogsthanks to a dedicated group of volunteers, and I recap it all here on the front page to give it a bit more exposure.
To join in, simply send a friend request to the match host! If you’d rather host something yourself, sound off in the comments section below!
- Beat ’em up-stravaganza! (Castle Crashers, Streets of Rage 2, TMNT ’89 etc!)Host: Char Aznable (GT: ShinigamiBV)Time: 5 Pacific | 8 Eastern*Side Note – Really, any beat ’em up you want to play. Phantom Breaker, Turtles in Time, Simpsons, X-Men. You name it!)
- Battlefield 3Host: PanaMusica (GT: PanaMusica)Time: 7 Pacific | 10 Eastern
- The Last of Us (PS3)Host: Kimiko (PSN: KimikoLoco)Time 6 Pacific | 9 Eastern*Abandoned Territories DLC recommended. Not required, but will play it if everyone who joins has it.
- Dragon’s Crown (PS3)Host: NeoShinGundam (PSN: neoshingundam)Time 7 Pacific | 10 Eastern*Vita owners can join too!
- The Last of Us (PS3)Host: Marche100 (PSN: TSG-Marche100)Time 7 Pacific | 10 Eastern
- Killzone: Shadowfall (PS4)Host: Trev (PSN: ElZilcho)Time 7 Pacific | 10 Eastern
- Warframe (PS4)Host: Trev (PSN: ElZilcho)Time 9 Pacific | 12 am Eastern
- Soul SacrificeHost: Thyme (PSN: thymeparadox)Time: 5 Pacific | 8 Eastern
- How do you think I’m going to get along, with you, when your gone.Host: You took me for everything that I hadTime: And kicked me out on my own
- What I like about you, you hold me tightHost: Tell me I’m the only one,Time: wanna come over tonight, yeah!
- Team Fortress 2(early game)Server: 184.108.40.206:27015Time: 5 Pacific | 8 Eastern
- Left 4 Dead 2 / Typing of the Dead: OverkillHost: OpiumHerz (Steam ID: OpiumHerz)Time: Basically all night due to timezone differences – hit Opium up on Steam if you want to join him.
- Team Fortress 2(late game)Server: 220.127.116.11:27015Time: 9 Pacific | 12 Eastern
Free this weekend? Why not sign up to host something forWeekend Warriors?!It’s like Friday Night Fightsall weekend long!Sign up in the comments orForum threadif you’re interested!
- Here I am in silence, looking ’round without a clueHost: I find myself along again,Time: All alone with you..
- It was a long hot night, she made it easy, she made it feel right.Host: But now it’s over, the moment is goneTime: I followed my hands, not my head, I know I was wrong