With new features
I’m not playing Grand Theft Auto V these days, but I do enjoy seeing regular stunt videos and the occasional Scooby-Doo intro recreation. Video creators have made good use of the Rockstar Editor despite its PC exclusivity. Next month, console owners will be able to get in on the #viral fun too.
Pending any last-minute delays, the video creation tool is scheduled to grace GTA V on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 via a free update in September. Rockstar has made several improvements to the software, as detailed below. They’re also planned for the PC version.
- Ambient Audio and Sound Effects Library: Add ambient and atmospheric sound design with a library of audio tracks to help bring your scenes to life or add sound effects from acollection of Foley and other sfx.
- Snapmatic Integration: Now you can export any still frame at a marker point straight to Snapmatic, giving you ultimate freedom when searching for that perfect camera angle.
- Director Mode Updates: An enlarged minimap with location blips to highlight preset locations, the power to freeze chosen time of day settings and the ability to spawn air and water vehicles.
- Copy and Paste Marker Properties: Easily copy and paste your audio settings from any marker to another marker in the clip – adding invaluable efficiency to your go-to editing techniques.
- New Fonts: You’ll now have more style options than ever for your titles and credits — we’re tripling the library of available fonts with new styles.