Conveniently on sale right now, too
Designer Tom Francis is making a big push for Gunpoint this week: it’s 75 percent off for 48 hours on Steam, and a major update has gone live for that version as well. Now’s as good of time as any to try it out the stealth puzzle title thanks to these recent additions:
- Abstraction Games has implemented a new engine. As a result, Gunpoint now runs better and ports to Mac and Linux can happen down the road.
- There’s Steam Workshop support for easier user-made level sharing.
- Reconfigurable keyboard controls are in.
- Swearing can be censored.
- There’s also a vertical sync option.
- Creators can place multiple elevators in a level, crash-free. “That’s more than I could do when I was making the game, so I expect your levels to be at least twice as good as mine.”
The update is also planned for release outside of Steam minus the Workshop integration.
Gunpoint Patch: New Engine, Steam Workshop, And More [Pentadact]