Including Jonathan Holmes, Jim Sterling, and many more
Games like Snatcherand Gabriel Knightwere a little bit before my time, but they’re pretty intriguing nonetheless. The fine folks at MidBoss do seem to remember those times, though, and 2064: Read Only Memories looks to recall those times while including something those games didn’t have: Lots of quality voice-acting.
Now that the game’s gearing up for its console debut this August 15th on PS4 and PS Vita (folks who bought it on PCwill get the extra content from the console versions for free), MidBoss are opting to highlight the voice cast, which includes a number of names in games writing and acting like Erin Fitzgerald, Melissa Hutchison, Giant Bomb’s Dan Ryckert, Zoe Quinn, Austin Creed, Destructoid alum Jim Sterling and our own Jonathan Holmes. Check out the new trailer below (along with a list of notable roles for some of the talents featured in it), and see some more details on MidBoss’ blog. Sadly, Holmes wasn’t in the trailer, and he says that he plays two security guards and a Froyo vendor.
- Melissa Hutchison – Clementine from The Walking Dead, Anna Graham from Deadly Premonition
- Erin Yvette – Snow White from The Wolf Among Us
- Sarah Elmaleh – Katie from Gone Home
- Sarah Williams – Lisbeth from Sword Art Online, Jinx from League of Legends
- Erik Kimerer – Haruyuki from Accel World, Ryuji from ToraDora!
- Adam Harrington – Bigby Wolf from The Wolf Among Us, Franklin Drake from Star Trek Online
- Gavin Hammon – Kenny from The Walking Dead
- Erin Fitzgerald – Chie from Persona 4 Golden,Junko from Danganronpa
- Terry McGovern – Launchpad McQuack from Ducktales
- Dave Fennoy – Lee from The Walking Dead, Bluebeard from The Wolf Among Us
- Jeff Lupetin – Gillian Seed from Snatcher
[Disclaimer: Jonathan Holmes, a Destructoid writer, and Jim Sterling, a former Destructoid writer, contributed voiceover work to this game, and were paid for their trouble. Destructoid was not involved in this arrangement. Jonathan Holmes has voluntarily recused himself from coverage of the game.]