Fixes client crashes among other things
With future DLC on hold, DICE have been busy trying to fix the many issues that Battlefield 4has been suffering from since its launch. Part of that effort has been reflected in their latest PC patch, which aims to fix a whole bunch of things.
Chief among them is to alleviate a frequent client crash (those are never fun) along with several stability adjustments. DICE have also addressed a Defuse bug where the defending team could win a round without actually defusing the bomb, provided that the bomb had been disarmed in the previous round — seriously, how did that come about in the first place?
Here are the patch notes:
- Fixed one of the most frequently occurring client crashes
- Fixed broken collision on containers with open doors. The bug previously made grenades bounce back even though the doors were open.
- Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win the round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb, if the bomb was disarmed in the previous round.
- Miscellaneous stability fixes further reducing the number of client crashes
- Fixed side gunner jitter when aiming in attack boats & transport helicopters
- Fixed some instances of frame rate drops when shooting at large Levolution objects after they have been destroyed (like the radar dish on Rogue Transmission)
- Fixed broken aiming for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike
- Fixed a bug where the sound when capturing a flag was not playing correctly
- Removed a bug that would double save during MP round transition and SP level transition. This fix will reduce the occurrence of corrupted save files.