Breath of the Wild 2 for 2022!
Nintendo warned us that “most” of the announcements for E3 this year would be for “games releasing in 2021,” but uh, they were very sneaky with that “most.” Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 is slated for 2022. That’s huge!
They also acknowledged that Metroid Prime 4 exists, but said nothing about Bayonetta 3. So we got one of the trifecta, folks!
We also got a new Smash DLC announcement (Kazuya from Tekken), and a few more rad confirmations of games coming in 2021, like a new WarioWare joint. In all it was a pretty fun Direct, especially given the development issues of the past year.
Here’s a full recap:
- Tekken’s Kazuya Mishima is coming to Smash Ultimate
- Nintendo Switch is getting Life is Strange: True Colors and the Remastered Collection in 2021
- Guardians of the Galaxy will bring its mixtape action to Nintendo Switch in October
- Metroid Dread is real and it launches this October
- Oh so Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot exists on Switch after all, Bandai Namco
- Mario Party Superstars is a collection of classic Mario Party boards and minigames coming this October
- Arcade Favorite Cruis’n Blast is coming to Switch
- WarioWare: Get It Together is a new Nintendo Switch game with co-op
- Shin Megami Tensei V brings the demon party exclusively to Switch November 12
- Fatal Frame: Maiden of Dark Water is finally jumping from Wii U to Switch
- The original two Advance Wars games are coming to Switch, ‘rebooted from the ground up’
- The Danganronpa series is finally bringing some despair to the Switch later this year
- Co-op shooter Strange Brigade is available for Switch today
- Here’s what’s included in the Pulse of the Ancients DLC for Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
- Breath of the Wild 2 gets some gameplay and a 2022 release window