What surprises still lie in wait?
It’s about that time of year, as Nintendo is set to debut its September 2021 Nintendo Direct today. And though some news got out a little bit ahead of schedule, we’re gearing up to watch along and see just what’s in store for the Switch headed into the end of the year.
Earlier today, news about one upcoming game—and a potential release window for another—started spreading around social media and forums. Speculation around a certain FCC listing is also stirring up theories about more to come from Nintendo today, too.
That said, there’s likely still more in store to see. Nintendo has a new Switch model coming soon, as well as a new Metroid and even more in the pipeline. And further out, beyond the year’s end, sits games like Pokemon Legends: Arceus.
We’ll see what Nintendo has in store for a 40-minute September Direct when it goes live at 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT. You can follow the stream on YouTube here, also embedded below, or on Twitch.
Keep an eye out here for a roundup of our writeups from the event, and feel free to hang out and chat below in the comments!
The headlines from today’s Nintendo Direct:
- Monster Hunter Rise‘s first expansion, Sunbreak, is ‘massive’ and set for summer 2022
- Kirby gets a little Last of Us with Kirby and the Forgotten Land
- Brewster’s been teased for Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and there’s more to come in an AC Direct
- Bayonetta made a stylish re-entrance, and is set for a 2022 launch for Bayonetta 3
- Nintendo Switch Online is adding N64 and Sega Genesis games in October, with a new plan
- Voice of Cards is a new virtual card game from Yoko Taro and friends, and it looks rad