Pain or pleasure?
The PlayStation Store Halloween sale is back for 2021, and it’s got around 330 games to peruse, many of which are horror-themed. There’s some fantastic titles spread across PS4 and PS5. I know it’s getting pretty late in the month, but if you’re still going all out for October, it’s worth a serious look. The deals are sticking around through November 3.
In an impulsive frenzy, I could see myself going nuts with horror games I’ve been meaning to pick up. The old-school Resident Evil throwback Tormented Souls, in particular, is calling my name — the buzz is tempting. I also regret never playing Visage, despite repeated recommendations and testimonies about its ability to genuinely scare.
My wide-ranging sale highlights, from cheap to cheaper
- Diablo Prime Evil Collection ($41.99)
- Resident Evil Village ($40.19)
- Biomutant ($38.99)
- The Medium ($37.49)
- Aliens: Fireteam Elite ($31.99)
- Doom Eternal Deluxe Edition ($29.69)
- Lost in Random ($23.99)
- Visage ($22.74)
- The Evil Within 2 ($19.79)
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night ($15.99)
- Tormented Souls ($15.99)
- Code Vein ($14.99)
- Five Nights at Freddy’s: Help Wanted ($14.99)
- Pumpkin Jack ($14.99)
- The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope ($14.99)
- The Evil Within ($9.99)
- Until Dawn ($9.99)
- Remothered: Broken Porcelain ($9.89)
- The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan ($9.89)
- Blair Witch ($8.99)
- Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 ($8.99)
- Blasphemous ($8.74)
- Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition ($7.99)
- Death Road to Canada ($7.49)
- Little Nightmares Complete Edition ($7.49)
- Call of Cthulhu ($6.99)
- Hollow Knight Voidheart Edition ($6.74)
- Outlast 2 ($5.99)
- Inside ($4.99)
- Layers of Fear 2 ($4.99)
- SOMA ($4.49)
- Outlast ($3.99)
- Oxenfree ($3.99)
- Friday the 13th: The Game ($3.74)
Worth stressing: I would not recommend all of these games equally, and some of these picks (namely the multiplayer ones) are a little iffy, but I wanted to get a decent mix of stuff I like and stuff that resonates with a wider Halloween-loving audience.
There are a lot of Dead by Daylight deals if you need to nab any DLC characters, and older Resident Evil games are on sale, too. (Where’s that classic collection, Capcom?)
Also, don’t sleep on Lost in Random — it’s easily missed in the shuffle. It’s worth playing.