As well as bugs
Marvel’s Avengers was released back on September 1 for early access folks: so it’s been nearly three weeks since 1.0 launched, and people have had plenty of time to dig into its myriad issues.
Things from small bugs to game-breaking glitches, or poor quality of life features, stuff like that. But the long-teased 1.3.0 update seeks to bring an end to a lot of those problems, and you can download it now. If you experienced bugs like infinite loads or even a few things that stopped your progress entirely, there’s a good chance this huge update will fix it.
House Call, A Global Offensive, Along Came a Spider, Dogs of War, Interrogation Anxiety and Task at Hand are the main fixes, as well as potentially fixed bad save data from a retroactive standpoint. You can now also engage in matchmaking quicker when someone leaves (it’ll queue up in four seconds instead of 30!) and players will also get additional time to matchmake when the mission countdown is happening.
Another large facet of 1.3.0 is the visual department, as all sorts of weird visual bugs for specific costumes or even all across the board clipping issues are rectified. That visual overhaul also extends to the UI. You can find a truncated list of the major facets of the patch below and check out the full notes here.
Marvel’s Avengers: V1.3.0 Patch Notes [Square Enix]
V1.3.0 Patch Notes (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Stadia)
Various Reassemble Campaign & Avengers Initiative fixes, including:
- Fixed an issue where A-Day would not progress if the player started the campaign from the War Table after selecting Avengers Initiative first.
- Fixed infinite loads when reloading the game during “The Light that Failed” and “To Stand Alone”.
- Resolved bad save states for an infrequent bug where players are unable to progress with the campaign due to an infinite loading screen.
- Fixed an issue where a strongbox in “House Call” was sometimes not usable.
- Fixed an occasional bug with the bridge in the mission “House Call” that prevented progress. This should also fix bad save states.
- Fixed an issue where Pause and Character menus were blocked during “Testing… 1, 2, 3”.
- Fixed an issue where you would be teleported out of world when attacking the boss between fight phases in “To Stand Alone”.
- Fixed an issue where steps 1 and 2 of the “A Global Offensive” mission chain were not tracking properly.
- Fixed an issue where combat would not progress when defeating both Assault Adaptoids at the same time in “By Force of Mind”.
- Fixed a hole in geometry in “Dogs of War”.
- Fixed an where players could fall out of bounds in “Along came a Spider”
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck inside geometry in “Rocket’s Red Glare” after enabling the teleport to space.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes an enemy could be stuck behind a closed door during “Task at Hand”.
- Fixed an issue in “Bad Blood” where the Final cinematic would sometimes not play audio.
- Fixed an issue preventing “Interrogation Anxiety” from being completed. This should also fix bad save states.