Black Friday is no longer a day, and it hasn’t been for years. Black Friday is a mood, it’s a mindset. It’s Time To Buy Stuff: November Edition.
That’s why, a full nine days before traditional Black Friday, Microsoft has unleashed all its digital sales on Xbox Live. There are well more than 500 items on sale (some full games, some DLC, some cosmetic stuff, and some in-game currency). I tried to list them all, but then the list broke for reasons I can’t understand — leaving me frustrated and sad that I wasted two hours.
So, let’s go over some highlights and frame it as curationeven though it wasn’t my original plan:
- Control— $39.99
- Assassin’s Creed OdysseyGold Edition (the one that comes with Odyssey, the season pass, andAssassin’s Creed III and Liberation Remastered) — $24.99
- Borderlands 3— $40.19
- The Outer Worlds— $44.99 (Although note this is on Game Pass)
- Life is Strange 2— $19.99 (Also on Game Pass, but new episodes are added a few months after launch)
- Hitman 2— $14.99
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne— $29.99
- Monster Hunter: World+ Iceborne— $40.19
- Resident Evil 2— $19.79
- Soulcalibur VI— $14.99
- The Witcher III: Wild HuntGame of the Year Edition — $14.99
- The Division 2Ultimate Edition — $29.99
- Rage 2— $19.79
- Red Dead Redemption 2— $29.99
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice— $38.99
- Doom— $5.99
- Devil May Cry 5— $19.79
That only scratches the surface, of course. If you’re inclined to scope out every single deal (and you should be, that’s smart consumerism!), ResetEra has the most comprehensive list I could find. Go peruse at your leisure.
There’s one temporary snag, though. The Black Friday sale is only live for Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers. For everyone else, the deals start on November 24. No real rush though, as the Xbox Live Black Friday Sale runs through December 2.