Play games to help others
EA has announced a new system they are putting in place, called Play to Give, that allows gamers to complete in-game challenges to make charitable donations. There are various charities involved, many focusing on STEM education, and a handful of participating games.
The example given was an in-game objective in Battlefield 4that has players assisting each other on the battlefield, that when completed will chip in towards a charity. A total of $1M will be donated over the course of the event. Sounds pretty great to me!
The charities listed are:
And the games and challenges are:
Battlefield 4and Hardline
- Earn a Gold Battlepack by providing supplies to your teammates in need. As a community,Battlefield 4players are challenged with getting a 45 million total re-supply score andBattlefield Hardlineplayers are challenged with getting a 5 million re-supply score from June 12-17. By achieving either of those goals, contributing players will get rewarded with an extra Gold Battlepack.
Star Wars Battlefront
- Players who complete any multiplayer match from June 12-14 can participate in the 3X Score Event, earning triple score and credits.
Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
- Deploy a squad of some of the most powerful female characters in Star Wars™ against the droids. Completing the quest for the first time will get you 50,000 credits, 1 Rey shard, 1 Princess Leia shard, and 25 shards needed to unlock a 2-star Jedi Knight Guardian. Subsequent completions will award more shards of Princess Leia, Rey, Barriss Offee or Ahsoka Tano.
- Participate in the Play to Give Cup in FIFA Ultimate Team during EA PLAY. Win the tournament and you will receive an untradeable Rare Mega Pack. Any future tournament wins in the Play to Give Cup will get you a Premium Coins Pack.
Madden NFL 16
- Play Madden Ultimate Team in Madden NFL 16 from June 12-19 and complete a short objective list to receive 2,040 coins and a Pro Pack.