There’s a lot to recap!
Okay Microsoft, job well done. Xbox boss Phil Spencer promised “50 games” and “15 world reveals” during the conference and he delivered.
Not all of them are exclusive, mind, but more projects will be one day as Microsoft just acquired four studios and built a new one. They also re-confirmed their commitment to consoles amid all of this talk of cloud gaming and streaming, which is important for those of you who want hardware from your publishers.
They didn’t have a watershed moment, no “Final Fantasy VII Remakeis exclusive to Xbox” bombshells, but they did get to steal the reveal thunder of several huge games like Devil May Cry 5and From Software’s new thing, and confirmed big deal million-sellers that we sorta knew where coming eventually like a new Haloand another Gears. Oh, and Battletoadswith three player co-op is coming!
It gave Microsoft fans what they wanted and showed a commitment to the future. In other words, it was a modest success.
- Microsoft announces Halo Infinite at E3
- New footage revealed for Bethesda’s Fallout 76, Xbox One pre-orders open June 15
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps sure looks breathtaking
- From Software’s new game is Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and it has a hook
- The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit channels our childhood wonder
- Fallout 4 gets added to Xbox Game Pass today
- Crackdown 3 is still a thing!
- Metro Exodus has some gnarly-looking monsters
- NieR: Automata is coming as an Xbox One X Enhanced title this month
- Sea of Thieves continues with Cursed Sails and Forsaken Souls
- Microsoft announces new studio ‘The Initiative,’ acquires Playground Games, Compulsion Games, Undead Labs, and Ninja Theory
- Here’s a new Kingdom Hearts III trailer with a focus on Frozen
- Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition returns to brighten your world this Winter
- Forza Horizon 4 announced, set in the UK with 60fps!
- We Happy Few hits PC, PS4, and Xbox One this August
- The Division 2 gets a reveal, deals with civil war
- PUBG’s third map and War Mode are debuting on Xbox soon
- Microsoft’s ‘Fast Start’ will begin games twice as fast, Division, ESO and Fallout 4 out on Game Pass today
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider looks to end the trilogy on a high note
- Black Desert beta opens on Xbox One later this year
- SKATE 4!!!!!! Oh wait no, it’s something else
- Devil May Cry 5 is real!
- Bandai Namco announces crossover fighter Jump Force
- Cuphead is bringing along a new friend in Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course
- The Battletoads are coming back, baby!
- Techland is doubling down with Dying Light 2
- Just Cause 4 gets properly announced this time!
- Microsoft reveals ‘Gears Tactics,’ a strategy-based Gears of War joint
- Gears of War 5 is coming out in 2019
- Gears Pop! is a thing from Funko and Microsoft
- Cyberpunk 2077 gets awesome new trailer, prepare to get drekked
- Tunic, showcased at E3 today, still looks amazingly adorable
- Indies are making waves at Microsoft’s E3 2018 conference
- Xbox commits to cloud gaming, but consoles aren’t going anywhere