Game with the Dtoid community
I recently (read: last month) built a new PC to play games on. My old PC was just shy of eight years old and hadn’t had a decent upgrade in roughly four years. Needless to say, most of the games I have been wanting to play lately simply wouldn’t run on my old rig.
Thanks to the always awesome Max Roahrig, I finally have something that will actually play more than just RollerCoaster Tycoon and SimCity 2000. It’s been awesome lately, playing games on my PC that once made my old computer shiver with fear. It’s nice knowing that I can simply download a game and not worry about whether or not I can run it.
The one thing that hasn’t been awesome however, is how much money I’ve spent on games since my new PC was up and running. I did a tally last night, just to kinda see where the total was and, well, it’s over half of what I paid to build this damn PC.
For those interested, here’s what I put together:
Intel Core i5-4690 3.5Ghz Quad-Core16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport RAMGigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB WIndforce video card2 – 1TB internal HDD’s1 – 128GB SSDFractal Design R4 ATX Mid Tower Case600W power supply and some other random stuff
I’ve hardly touched my PS4 lately, been too busy PC Master Racing it up I guess…So, yea, that’s kinda what I’ve been doing lately, oh that and a lot of Wii U, dat Hyrule Warriors tho, right.
Anyway, enough about me and my PC, let’s get to the reason why you came here in the first place, the games…
New to FNF? Read this!Each week, a bunch of us Dtoiders get together to play videogames online! It’s a 100% community-run event, so feel free to join in or even host something yourself!
The planning for FNF starts in theforums, where community members sign up to host matches and post their pertinent details (game, time, Gamertag, etc.). Then, every Friday, reminder posts go up in thecommunity blogsthanks to a dedicated group of volunteers, and I recap it all here on the front page to give it a bit more exposure.
To join in, simply send a friend request to the match host! If you’d rather host something yourself, sound off in the comments section below!
- Coming Soon Host: This could be you! (Twitch Channel: Twitch.com/Thiscouldbeyou)Time: TBD
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Xbox 360)Host: Usedtabe (GT: Usedtubby)Time: 8 Pacific | 11 Eastern*Tubby’s friends list is full, so send him a message if you want to play.
- The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)Host: Kymico (PSN: KimikoLoco)Time 6 Pacific | 9 Eastern
- Destiny (PS4)Host: Defenestrator (PSN: ThDefenestrator)Time 8 Pacific | 11 Eastern*Strikes, Raids, Crucible, hot tubbing, whatever.
- Warframe (PS4)Host: Trev (PSN: ElZilcho)Time 10 Pacific | 1 am Eastern
- It’s poetry in motion, she turned her tender eyes to me. As deep as any oceanHost: As sweet as any harmony. Mmm – but she blinded me with scienceTime: She blinded me, with science! And failed me in biology…
- Mario Kart 8 (Gotta go fast!) Tournament Number: 1387-8210-8008Host: Smurfee McGee (NNID: smurfee_mcgee)Time: 8 Pacific | 11 Eastern
- Super Smash BrothersHost: Smurfee Mcgee (3DS Friend Code: 3995-6687-9850)Time: 7:30 Pacific | 10:30 Eastern
- Team Fortress 2 (early game)Server: 184.108.40.206:27015Time 5 Pacific | 8 am Eastern
- Team Fortress 2 (late game)Server: 220.127.116.11:27015Time 9 Pacific | 12 am Eastern
- Borderlands: The Pre-SequelHost: PhilKenSebben (Steam: hillbillysk8/Philomena)Time 10 Pacific | 1 am Eastern
- Payday 2Host: PhilKenSebben (Steam: hillbillysk8/Philomena)Time 12 Pacific | 3 am Eastern
Free this weekend? Why not sign up to host something forWeekend Warriors?!It’s like Friday Night Fightsall weekend long!Sign up in the comments orForum threadif you’re interested!
- Mario Kart 8 – Destructoid TournamentHost: Smurfee Mcgee (Tournament Info: 1387-8210-8008)Time: Saturday and Sunday (all day/night) Tournament ends Sunday night at 1:00 am EST
- I’ve been trying oh so long, to let you know, let you know how I feelHost: So if I stumble and if I fall, just help me back, so I can make you seeTime: Please give me one more night, oh one more night….