It’s set for a summer release on Nintendo Switch
As an easy-on-the-eyes golf game for Nintendo Switch, Golf Story looks promising.
But there’s more to it than that, and I think that’s how it’ll be able to win over folks who aren’t typically into sports games — say, for example, people who were big into Mario Golf for Game Boy Color.
Golf Story should scratch a very specific itch with everything surrounding the actual golfing. Or, as Ray said in our Slack, “I’m unironically gonna buy a Switch for a fucking golf game now aren’t I.”
- Tee up anywhere! You’ll be surprised by how many problems can be solved by hitting a golf ball at them.
- Explore 8 unique environments, each with their own courses, towns, people and secrets.
- Play through a dramatic story with a diverse cast of characters.
- Upgrade your golfer by completing challenges, solving puzzles and buying new equipment.
- Round out your skill set with long driver tournaments, disc golf, mini golf and wee links. Then go beyond golf with extra challenges like races, mowing, drone flights and geocaching.
It’s coming to Nintendo Switch this summer and I’m gonna play the absolute hell out of it.