Have you played it lately?
My first week of Metal Gear Online went so poorly that I never came back to give it a proper second chance but, looking over these latest patch notes and the several that have come before it, someone must be out there sticking with the multiplayer mode. It’s still being consistently supported.
Tomorrow’s patch is a mix of housekeeping (showing players’ network connection quality), balancing (making it so you can’t repeatedly dive and sprint like an maniac), and fixing (fairer team sizes).
To that last point, “In a previous update, preset parties were set as the highest priority when setting player numbers per team in a mission. This has caused issues for many players who end up facing a disproportionate sized team. Team creation in AUTOMATCH will now prioritize the number of players before the preset party, so that players in each team will be approximately the same.”
The full list:
- Quiet can no longer be interrogated.
- Rank increase and decrease are now displayed in the mission results.
- Score has been adjusted for each mission.
- Assist score will no longer be granted when woken up by a comrade after putting yourself into sleep or stun status.
- Increased damage output from the SVG-76 and M2000-D.
- Reduced the knockback and firing rate of the URAGAN-5.
- Increased stamina damage when landing onto enemy players from a height.
- Reduced stamina damage from cardboard box attacks and low kicks.
- DEMOLITION+ Lv.2 will no longer trigger a thrown weapon to drop when killed by a knife.
- After diving, there is now a delay before you can dive again.
- Sprint duration is now temporarily reduced after diving.
- Crawling out of a cardboard box when prone will no longer produce noise.
- Each player’s network connection quality will now be displayed.
- Team creation in AUTOMATCH will now be prioritized for balanced number of players across both teams over preset party on a single team.
- The Rush Mode option is now removed from the mission selection screen in AUTOMATCH (except Xbox 360).
- Rush Mode will now occur in random frequency.
- A combat log will now be displayed when a player is fulton saved or woken up from sleep or stun status by an ally.
- The time bonus XP for the SABOTAGE mission has been adjusted.