500 fans will get to demo it
The Nintendo side of this year’s E3 is going to be a whole lot of The Legend of Zelda for Wii U and nothing else, as far as playable demonstrations go. I’m still having a hard time accepting that, but we’ll find out soon enough if the company really doesn’t have any surprises lined up. Even if you won’t be making it out to the Los Angeles expo, you may have a chance to try the new Zelda pre-release. Nintendo is bringing the game to its flagship store in New York.
The first 500 people to show up for a “Super-Fan Signup Day” on Saturday, June 11 will get a ticket that they can then use to play The Legend of Zelda during “selected times” from June 14 to June 19.
Of course, you just know people are going to flock to the store from all over and show up way in advance. To that end, Nintendo says “Fans can start lining up at 7 a.m. ET on June 11. Photo ID is required, and minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.” Which, godspeed.
If that’s not the life for you, that’s fine — you’ll still get to see the game in person at Nintendo NY. “Experts” will perform guided gameplay demos on a big screen throughout that week. Here’s the full schedule:
Super-Fan Signup Day
- June 11, 9 a.m. ET
Nintendo NY The Legend of Zelda experience
- June 14, noon – 3 p.m. ET (Nintendo Treehouse: Live screening from E3)
- June 14, 3 – 8 p.m. ET (hands-on experience for fans with appointments)
- June 15 – 19, Nintendo NY store hours (hands-on experience for fans with appointments)
- June 15 – 19, Nintendo NY store hours (guided game-play presentations with Nintendo experts and trivia)
- Nintendo NY10 Rockefeller PlazaNew York, NY 10020