And you can actually tilt the console!!!
Pinball FX3 will be making the jump to the Switch in a few weeks. Coming out on November 14, the game will launch alongside 30 tables and will be available as a free download with one table (the “Sorcerer’s Lair”). The cross-platform features between Xbox One, PC and Windows 10 will also be offered on this version, meaning you’ll have plenty of players to show off your high scores to. This new port will also take advantage of some of the unique features of the Switch. In portable mode, you’ll be able to play in portrait orientation to get a full view of each table.
The tables that will be ready for launch are:
- Universal Classics Pinball (Back to the Future, E.T., Jaws)
- Aliens vs. Pinball (Aliens, Alien vs. Predator, Alien: Isolation)
- Balls of Glory (Family Guy, Bob’s Burgers, Archer, American Dad!)
- The Walking Dead
- Sorcerer’s Lair (free)
- Carnivals & Legends (Adventure Land Pinball, Son of Zeus)
- Zen Classics (Shaman, Tesla, El Dorado, V12)
- Core Collection (Pasha, Rome, Biolab, Secrets of the Deep)
- Medieval Pack (Epic Quest, Excalibur)
- Sci-Fi Pack (Mars, Paranormal, Earth Defense)
- Iron & Steel (Wild West Rampage, CastleStorm)
I find it surprising that the Switch hasn’t yet received a pinball game. You’d think pinball would be perfect for any situation and being able to actually tilt the console would add an extra level of immersion. At least that is finally being rectified.