Control improvements and multiplayer tweaks
Ironfall Invasion was a good idea on paper, but it didn’t follow through with many of its concepts, especially when it comes to the campaign. Thankfully Nintendo has announced that the developers are constantly working on the game as a result of fan feedback, and a few enhancements have been made.
One big change is the addition of aim and camera sensitivity sliders, as well as easier sprint turning, a more responsive turn function, and penalties for people who voluntarily quit multiplayer matches. Other weapons have been tweaked for online play for balancing purposes, and there’s a small option to allow players to have more map variety in multiplayer.
It’s definitely enough of an effort to jump back online.
New features for all IRONFALL Invasion players:
• In the Controls menu of the game’s settings, the “Aim Sensitivity” and “Camera Sensitivity” sliders have been expanded with more increments to allow for finer tuning according to the player’s preference.
• During a sprint, it is now easier to turn left and right.
• The U-turn command (pressing back twice) has been improved to decrease involuntary U-turns; it is now necessary to press back twice in a faster way when compared to before.
• In the Multiplayer “free-for-all” game mode, players who leave a game before the end have their score reset.
• In Multiplayer, the range of the “shock gun” item has been increased.
• In Multiplayer, the damage and bullet statistics of the “grenade launcher,” “explosive rifle” and “shotgun items have been adjusted accordingly to reflect balance issues noticed in user comments.
• In Multiplayer, the respawn algorithm has been improved.
New features for players who have purchased IRONFALL Invasion content:
• In Multiplayer, when joining a quick online match, it is possible for players to filter out the “Tanks (Demo)” map from their quick online match search, to allow for more variety in the automatic selection of arenas.
• In Multiplayer, players will now remain invincible for four seconds when they respawn.
• In Multiplayer, players will now also receive credits if they finish in second place.
• It is now possible to take cover while sprinting.
• There is now an additional lock-on on the vertical (Y) axis in aim mode.