We hardly knew you, BC
Today is both a glorious and sad day for Xbox One backward compatibility. While the service just got a whole ton of excellent additions, Microsoft also announced that it will no longer be adding any original Xbox or Xbox 360 titles to the service in the future. That’s a huge bummer (the service is really great), but at least titles like Asura’s Wrathand the OG Splinter Cellcan now be preserved for years to come.
The final list is a doozy, so I’ll divide it out into categories for you all. First, though, a bunch of Rare titles will be getting Xbox One X enhancements for anyone with a 4K TV and Microsoft’s enhanced box. These include every 360 game featured in Rare Replay, which is Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts,Perfect Dark, Perfect Dark Zero, Viva Pinata, Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise, and Kameo Elements of Power.
There’s also a few other neat tidbits. If you remember, the ill-fated Silicon Knights made Too Humana few years back and it was a big flop. It not only got bombed, critically speaking, but it sparked a lawsuit that ended up bankrupting the company and having all unsold copies recalled from store shelves. Since Microsoft isn’t legally able to sell the title to anyone, it’s now free for everyone.
Another cool bonus is all of the DLC for select original Xbox games is now available to download for free for owners of the titles. Those include Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Armed and Dangerous, Star Wars Battlefront, Star Wars Battlefront II, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, and Star Wars Republic Commando.
Without further ado, here are the final Xbox and Xbox 360 games that will be added to Xbox One:
- Armed and Dangerous
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb
- Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Double Agent
- Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict
- Asura’s Wrath
- Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
- Enchanted Arms
- Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
- Far Cry Classic
- Far Cry Instincts Predator
- Infinite Undiscovery
- Peter Jackson’s King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie
- Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands
- Star Ocean: The Last Hope
- Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
- Too Human
- Unreal Tournament III
E3 2019: What’s Next for Xbox Backward Compatibility [Xbox Wire]