Rocket League and Her Story were big winners too
Apparently scouring the Commonwealth Wasteland of the New England area resonates with those from the original England. The British Academy of Film and Television Arts held its 12th annual BAFTA Games Awards today and Bethesda’s Fallout 4came up the big winner. It took home the mantle of best game.
Bethesda’s no stranger to winning the BAFTA Games Awards’ grandest prize. Three years ago, Dishonoredwon for best game. In the years since, The Last of Usand Destinywere the winners of that prestigious category.
As far as sheer volume goes, there were other impressive performances at the BAFTA Games Awards. Rocket League, Her Story, and Everybody’s Gone to the Raptureeach won three accolades. Also, Bloodbornewas the recipient of best game design, an area that seems particularly important.
Below are the winners of all of the main categories:
- Best Game —Fallout 4
- Artistic Achievement — Ori and the Blind Forest
- Audio Achievement —Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture
- British Game —Batman: Arkham Knight
- Debut Game —Her Story
- Family Game —Rocket League
- Game Design —Bloodborne
- Game Innovation — Her Story
- Mobile and Handheld — Her Story
- Multiplayer — Rocket League
- Music — Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture
- Original Property — Until Dawn
- Performer — Merle Dandridge (Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture)
- Persistent Game — Prison Architect
- Sports Game — Rocket League
- Story — Life is Strange
Here’s the full list from BAFTA, including all the nominees from each category.