Game with the Dtoid community
Destructoid has always been about community. That’s what initially drew me to the site and I’m sure there are many of you out there who feel the same way. That’s why I love when I get the chance to talk about the awesome stuff our community is doing, stuff like PSToid.
PSToid is an awesome podcast run by the fine folks who manage the PlayStation Friday Night Fights forum and blog posts each week, these are also the same awesome people who host various games every Friday for the PlayStation 3, 4 and PS Vita.
The great thing about PSToid and every other community podcast, is that it is 100% community driven, these are podcast’s and shows, created by and managed by our amazing community members out of their love for videogaming and their love for Destructoid.
It’s this kind of love and dedication that has kept me here for seven years. So thank you, community members, thank you for being such an amazing group of. Every single one of you is awesome.
Before the night’s festivities begin, why don’t you take a few moments and check out some gameplay of the PSToid crew wrecking things up in The Last of Us multiplayer.
Now, let’s get to the reason why you came here in the first place, the games…
New to FNF? Read this!Each week, a bunch of us Dtoiders get together to play videogames online! It’s a 100% community-run event, so feel free to join in or even host something yourself!
The planning for FNF starts in theforums, where community members sign up to host matches and post their pertinent details (game, time, Gamertag, etc.). Then, every Friday, reminder posts go up in thecommunity blogsthanks to a dedicated group of volunteers, and I recap it all here on the front page to give it a bit more exposure.
To join in, simply send a friend request to the match host! If you’d rather host something yourself, sound off in the comments section below!
- Coming Soon Host: This could be you! (Twitch Channel: Twitch.com/Thiscouldbeyou)Time: TBD
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Xbox 360)Host: Usedtabe (GT: Usedtubby)Time: 8 Pacific | 11 Eastern*Tubby’s friends list is full, so send a message if you want in on the fun!
- The Last of Us Remastered (PS4) (Game A)Host: Trev (PSN: ElZilcho)Time 6 Pacific | 9 Eastern*On the road to the Aussie Cattleman – Team info here
- The Last of Us Remastered (PS4) (Game B)Host: Dingut Forrester (PSN: Nanashi707)Time 6 Pacific | 9 Eastern*Pain is the cleanser – Team info here
- Battlefield 4 (PS4)Host: The Defenestrator (PSN: ThDefenestrator)Time 8 Pacific | 11 Eastern*Note: Spider pig, spider pig.
- The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)Host: The Defenestrator (PSN: ThDefenestrator)Time 10 Pacific | 1 am Eastern*So, we meet at last, whoever you are – Team info here
- There’s an army on the dance floor, it’s a fashion with a gun my loveHost: In a room without a door, a kiss is not enough inTime: Love my way, it’s a new road, I follow where my mind goes
- Mario Kart 8Host: Smurfee McGee (NNID: smurfee_mcgee)Time: 7:30 Pacific | 10:30 Eastern*Tournament Number: 1387-8210-8008
- Caroline laughs and it’s raining all day, she loves to be one of the girlsHost: She lives in the place in the sides of our lives, where nothing is ever put straightTime: She turns her self round and she smiles and she says, this is it, that’s the end of the joke.
- Team Fortress 2 (early game)Server: 18.104.22.168:27015Time 5 Pacific | 8 am Eastern
- Team Fortress 2 (late game)Server: 22.214.171.124:27015Time 9 Pacific | 12 am Eastern
- Mount Your FriendsHost: PhilKenSebben (Steam ID: hillbillysk8/Philomena)Time 10 Pacific | 1 am Eastern
Free this weekend? Why not sign up to host something forWeekend Warriors?!It’s like Friday Night Fightsall weekend long!Sign up in the comments orForum threadif you’re interested!
- Mario Kart 8 – Destructoid TournamentHost: Smurfee Mcgee (Tournament Info: 1387-8210-8008)Time: Saturday and Sunday (all day/night) Tournament ends Sunday night at 1:00 am EST
- I’m a heartbreak beat, yea all night longHost: And nobody don’t dance on the edge of the darkTime: We’ve got the radio on and it feels like love.