BJ strikes again
If you’ve blasted through Rage 2‘s story mode but didn’t quite max out your character, then the brand new “New Game Plus” option should be right up your alley. In addition to another reason to play through the campaign, today’s update brings a Wolfenstein voice pack with the dulcet tones of BJ Blazkowicz to accompany you in your travels. I can only imagine BJ has a few choice words for the psychos in Rage’s wasteland.
As the second major update for Rage 2, a lot more is present than just new game plus. If you feel the default difficulty options are too easy, the completely unfair “Crazy Hard” and “Ironman” options should really test your skills. Crazy hard is exactly as it sounds, but Ironman is a new permadeath option that will restart you upon death. I cannot imagine going through an open-world game with a single life, so I’d likely never even attempt that. My favorite improvement, though, is the ability to skip tutorial prompts and some of the intro dialogue. I really wish more games would include that for second playthroughs as its annoying as hell to have to sit through explanations of mechanics I already know.
The full list of changes, additions, and improvements can be found below. It’s certainly a lot more substantial than I figured.
Quality of life improvements
- Pop-up notifications no longer pause the game.
- Camera Deadzone slider adjustment added to controller options.
- Flashlight added for navigating dark areas (hold Focus to activate).
- You can now skip Aunt Prowley’s dialog in the opening mission.
- Added an option to disable Ark tutorials.
- Tracking projects now shows progress on HUD.
- New options to turn off Damage and Kill notifications on crosshair.
- “You Call That a Wingstick?” and TV Fatal voice packs auto-granted after Bethesda.net account link (previously required buying from Wasteland Wizard).
- ChazCar vehicle no longer misaligns Walker through the chassis when at an angle.
- Fixed an issue where you could not fast travel to Kvasir’s lab when there was an objective marker on the location.
- Fixed an issue where combat music did not play correctly when playing through “The Ranger” mission.
- Fixed an issue where the Prowley hologram subtitles did not match VO dialog in Japanese.
- Fixed an issue where you could get stuck attempting to access Authority HQ prior to Project Dagger.
- Fixed an issue where bullet decals and blood stopped appearing in the game world after long fights.
- Fixed an issue where the game may freeze while navigating the Phoenix weapon upgrades menu.
- Player is no longer able to drive vehicles into the Ruined Shaft crusher nest.
- Shop vendor VO no longer overlaps with itself.
- Opening storage containers now correctly play sound effects.
- Breaking wooden barricades no longer leave floating spikes behind.
- Added two log entries for Bridge of Ned.
- Mutie explosion sound effects no longer play when the player turns off all sounds.
- Prowley’s VO no longer plays twice in the presidio.
Rage 2 – Update 2 & New Roadmap [Bethesda]